Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Insurance

Melissa and I consolidated our insurance yesterday. I wanted to add her to my AAA policy, so I called the AAA people and tried to get a quote. The first thing I had to do was give them the song and dance that confirms that I am who I say I am. It turns out that they still had me living in New York, and the fact that I was living in Fremont was going to save me $8 every year. Fantastic.

They don't have a current membership for me, they say I never renewed. Despite that I have a receipt for renewal with a confirmation number and everything, in addition to the card that says I'm a member until May 2007. Also wonderful.

After going over that for ten minutes or so I got a quote to add Melissa and her 1999 standard V6 baseline Mustang which is driven maybe twice a week. It was going to be for her alone over double what I currently pay, bringing us up to three hundred and something every month.

I am now insured by Progressive.

1 comment:

Ricky said...

dude. two words. e-surance. so cheap!