Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Christian Book Store

I have had little use for the Christian Book Store, their selection of Bibles is small, they have way too much Thomas Kinkaid stuff, to many wierd home stuff, a crappy music selection, and don't get me started on 'christian living.' Anyway, this isn't supposed to be a negative post, Melissa and I sifted through the used book section last week and *that* place is a gold mine. They have real Bible studies, books of J. Vernon McGee's 'Through the Bible,' books on practical discipleship, and all sorts of good stuff for between 25 cents and 2 dollars. We loaded up and it's been good reading so far, I highly recommend you check it out.

3 comments:

Mikey G said...

Oh Jesse but what about the h.o.t. chic collection? That is the really important part of a Chirstian book store being seen by h.o.t. chics!
:-P
I found their "Christian Classics" section to be a small encla ve of books I had actually read. There was the autobiography of Corrie TonBloom (spelled wrong) called "Hiding Place" that was wonderful. It is easy to miss with is faux old binding which usually means two hundred pages of the "Footsteps" poem but was a beautiful picture of dieing for Christ... or at full a picture as could actually be presented in an autobiography.

Ricky said...

I got hate mail sent to KFAX when I did my J. Vernon McGee impersonation on air once.....

Mark said...

who is Thomas Kinkaid? I have never had luck at Christian bookstores either.

Mark

http://mark24609.blogspot.com/