Sunday, November 06, 2005

Bridesmaid Dresses

So the bridesmaids dresses have finally been picked. After many phone calls to stores and looking through magazines we finally ordered the bridesmaids dresses. Picking the bridesmaids dresses was harder than picking my wedding dress.

It all started like ten weeks ago Grace (my cousin) and I went to the Stoneridge Mall, just the two of us. But alas, we did not find a thing. I think we ended up buying earrings or something. Grace went back to school for a short summer class, and when she came back I went with her and my mom to about five south bay stores and again nothing. Not even anything that we liked. Oh well, I think we ended buying something... maybe some earrings? My cousin Jessica couldn't come with us because she was super busy getting her masters and working. But even so, she did a lot of work looking for dresses on-line and actually going to stores on her own. My other bridesmaid is my college friend, Jessica. She lives in Chicago so I think she has an excuse not to be terribly involved.

My cousins sent me many e-mails with dresses that they liked. I finally picked one and called several stores to ask about pricing. Some stores are weird and don't like to give prices over the phone. I finally called a store that allowing price-sharing and they told me that the bridesmaid dress I wanted was $295.00!! Crazy! I don't think so. So I continued looking all the e-mails my cousins sent me.

My cousin Jessica went to many stores the last couple of weeks and looked at many dresses without me. Thank you for doing a lot of footwork. We found a very pretty dress from Mary's Bridal. I went to a small boutique in Fremont called Andrea's Bridal. It used to be right across the street from Tri-City but moved to Washington Blvd and Mission Blvd. in Fremont. They didn't have the dress but they could order it.

I went with my mom last Wednesday to look for that specific Mary's Bridal dress and to look at others. They had many dresses but I still liked the Mary's dress. The saleswoman Kim was extremely nice and helpful. My cousin Jessica went yesterday to Andrea's Bridal and actually order the dresses.

I'm very relieved now. Now everyone has clothes to wear at my wedding.

5 comments:

Jesse and Melissa said...

Don't wory Marcos, your first posting was fine. Thanks for commenting. It gives me something to do when I'm at work (Melissa). Ha Ha!

Marla Bean said...

Hey, that's not fair. I comment all the time.

Congrats on your dresses. Phew!

Jesse and Melissa said...

There was actually something of another hiccup with these dresses. They ordered them, and were going to let Chicago Jessica order hers, but then we found out that they were in just under the wire on this one and it too had been discontinued, so we had to place a last minute order for her, hopefully they'll all get here.

Seriously though, does anyone make bridesmaids dresses anymore?

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I really like the dress that you picked. It was one of our favorites! I like that we can also wear it for other occasions (it even comes with a little handbag). It will not collect dust in our closets like the other bridesmaid dresses. Now, Gracey and I have to go shoe shopping when she comes home for Thanksgiving =)

By the way, I am not ANONYMOUS, this is Jessica!

Jesse and Melissa said...

Shoe Shopping!! Too bad I have already bought my wedding shoes. I need to break them in though... I'm glad you guys like the dress, especialy since it was so hard to pick one. I can't wait to see you girls in them.