Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Dear Mr. President...

I work for the government. I have worked in the private sector in the past and it’s a WHOLE different world than the government. I only have two things to say:

1) I've had my job for over three years now, (my longest and first real job ever) and a few weeks ago and I was thanked for doing something good. I was taught that in the government to never expect to be appreciated or thanked for doing something good, but that if you are noticed by your superiors it was because you did something wrong. I was thanked and it made my day, which is pretty sad if you really think about it.

2) There is so much irony in the government that it just makes me laugh. Some irony is good and other irony is bad, but today the government irony went my way it was good, real good.

I’ve been having a tough time at work for a few months due to my car accident, other dumb issues and having to work too much, but overall I think things are going to get better.

No comments: