Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Shots, Shots and More Shots


Since we are going to the jungles and mountains of Peru we have to get four specific shots/medicines.


  1. Malaria medicine/pills: Which I hear make you sick anyways.

  2. Yellow Fever Shot

  3. Typhoid shot

  4. Altitude sickness meds: Make you sick too.

Oh well, I guess it worth it. Jesse might need more shots since he hasn't have all his immunizations. I think we'll be extremely sick even before we go to Peru. It's very sobering to know that Iquitos, Peru is the #2 malaria capital of the world. Lovely. I guess that is why we take all these shots and meds.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I may only be able to go up MP half way with you guys on Sunday... Jax has to be at CR by 10 am. Do you want to meet in the lot at 7am?

I hate shots! But not as much as Jackson. :-)

Marla Bean said...

There is apparently a malaria pill that does not make you as sick as the others. I don't know the name, but ask your doctor.