Monday, July 14, 2008

It's Been a Couple of Weeks....

Sorry for no update in a long time. Here are a few things that have happened in the last couple of weeks:

1. Jesse and I took our church’s youth group down to Ensenada, Mexico the last week of June. We framed and put up drywall on the second story of a church (La Escalera de Jacob-Jacob’s Ladder), sanded and painted window bars and doors. We had a great time serving the people of Mexico. I’ll post some pictures up soon.

2. No updates on my crazy allergic reaction. The last time I got tested nothing happened. I have to setup another appointment and take stronger drugs to see if it causes anything.

3. Jesse and I are still house hunting, which is always fun.

4. We are going to my cousin’s wedding in about two weeks in Los Angeles. While we are down there we are going to go to Disneyland, which is always exciting but Jesse has never been there so that will be extra fun.

5. Our plans for Peru trip are on track, so the next step is to buy our plane tickets. If you want to come let us know!

6. Rocky got a haircut by a professional groomer so he looks funny and cute. I bought him a doggie couch which he looks really cute on. I post some pictures too.


Melissa

4 comments:

Francesst said...

jesse's never been to disneyland!?! seriously?!? skip and i have been 6 times since we got married. i highly recommend calling and making reservations at either the blue bayou (the restaurant in the pirates of the caribbean ride) or steakhouse 55 (in the disneyland hotel). but make sure you call like now, reservations book up fast in the summer: 714-781-3463. there's also an excellent tour you can take called a walk in walt's footsteps. make sure you get a "first time" button for jesse from town hall!

Jesse and Melissa said...

Thanks for the info Frances! I make sure to get Jesse a "first time" button and a Mickey Mouse ears hat that says "Jesse"

Melissa

Marla Bean said...

I know, Frances! Seriously? Never? Wow. That WILL be fun for you guys! I would say get some ears that say "Mr Fluffy Pants" but they won't put anything but "normal" (whatever that means) proper first names on them.


I wonder if your name is Richard if they would put your nickname on it? Although, I still don't understand men who willingly go through life with that nickname.

Anyway! Have fun! I wish we could go to Peru with you guys (and Nate). WE need to get a group together, again. It's been a really long time.

Jesse and Melissa said...

I'm totally going to buy ear hats that with our names on it. Trust me there will be lots of pictures.

I'm so excited to go to Peru again. Of the people you know Jared and Nate are going. It's going to be a lot of fun because I have three of my co-workers going and my cousin along with Nate and Jared.

We should get a group together before the summer ends. BBQ or something. Hope to see you soon!

Melissa