Monday, October 03, 2005

Bikes and Church

The Glogowskis have sadly gone to New York now, we hope and pray they have a good time trying to start up a church out there and survive the winter in their new 2500 square foot house. They gave Melissa and I two vintage Triumph bikes. All original parts from the 50s (except the tires), they're pretty cool looking, three speeds, and right up Melissa's alley. We went on a little cruise around the Nicolet neighborhood Sunday morning, good times.

On an unrelated note, we had our first meeting with the CBNC person and talked about what we have, what we need, and where in the heck we're going to put everybody. It looks to me like we're going to be more than OK for the ceremony, the church will for sure fit everyone. The reception on the other hand, looks like it's going to be pretty tight, we need to find a way to seat about 250 people for dinner in a room probably about 50% bigger than the one at IBC. I suppose that's the price we pay for being so loved. Really though, that shouldn't be a huge problem either. I hope everyone is ready to have fun next April 8.

2 comments:

Jesse and Melissa said...

So I had a really cool bike when I lived in Georgia. A cruiser bike with a very cushiony seat, long handle bars and everything. My friends thought I looked very funny on that bike. But it was the coolest bike ever.

Long story short, I had to leave my awesome bike in Georgia because I had no room to put it in my car and I didn't have time to buy a bike rack. I was very sad to leave it, but now I have one just like it except the seat is not as soft.

If any of my FLETC girls are reading this, I got my CRUISER bike back. Yeah! 2-4-6-8...Let's just hope I don't fall off of this one...

Marla Bean said...

Great news on the bike - it sounds awesome.

Looking forward to April 8!!!