Sunday, April 30, 2006

A Few Honeymoon Pictures!

Here are some honeymoon pictures that we took when we went to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. We stayed at a very nice resort called Casa del Mar. The resort was in between the two main cities ( San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas) so there weren't any Spring Breakers at our place. This first picture is of me in front of the beach which was right in front of our room. The waves would sometimes get really big and would wake me up in the middle of the night. Despite my smile, I was really scared because the waves were big and the currents were terribly strong.


Jesse and I went ATV riding in the Desert Park National Reserve. It was a two hour tour through a dirt road with lots of hills, bumps and a dry river bed, where the let us drive really fast. On our tour we saw some wild cows, lots of cactus and a desert oasis. Jesse and I had separate ATV's but the tour guide wanted us to take a picture together. Jesse's says that I actually got some air with my ATV but I couldn't tell. (Edit: At one point the back end of her ATV went up nearly two feet off the ground and it moved probably three feet to the right. I thought my wife of four days was going to die.)

I got really comfortable after a little while so I started to go somewhat fast but then I almost fell in a giant hole. I slowed down a little bit after that. It was really hot and my arms got really tanned from the ATV riding. Towards the end of the tour I really started liking the ATV's. I want one now.



This is back at the same place where there's pictures of myself. I tried taking a picture of Jesse running away from a giant wave but when Jesse went up to the waves they all died down. But I still like this picture a lot. Jesse got really sunburned and so did I for the first time in my life. We never actually went swimming at the beach right in front of our room because the rip tides were too strong. Even at the swimmable beaches it was really hard to swim. We went to this one beach where there we security protecting the druglords' houses. I guess I felt somewhat better. Even there, at the 'safe' beach, the current was so strong that we couldn't walk in thigh deep water when the waves were receding, we had to wait for one to come push us back in.

Jesse and I took a boat taxi here, we had walked three miles the wrong way around the marina trying to get to the beach. The smile you see in our faces is a smile of relief.

All the Mexicans didn't think I was Hispanic. They all thought I was Filipino. They were amazed that I spoke Spanish and asked where I had learned. Whatever at least they didn't think I was a prostitute...that's another story from some other time that I was in Ensenada, Mexico. Hope you like the pictures.

2 comments:

Marla Bean said...

Looks like it was beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Marla Bean said...

By the way... Thanks for the "title" on your site.