Friday, April 28, 2006

Palo Alto

Melissa and I both had physicals last week. I have high bad cholesterol and virtually no good cholesterol, but my overall cholesterol is still low. Hamburgers and pizza are now off the menu, which is unfortunate since I was considering Mountain Mike's for lunch. Mountain Mike's doesn't have very good pizza, but for six bucks it's a pizza and salad buffet, dangerous for a man who can eat almost unlimited amounts of pizza. But I digress... we were at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation getting out blood taken and I was sitting there with the little tube sticking out of my arm and the lady who's doing the work suddenly looks suspiciously at me and asks Melissa how old she is. Melissa tells her that she's twenty three. The lady looks a little relieved and says to me 'Good. I saw the rings but thought that she was fifteen. I thought, "Shame on that man, marrying a fifteen year old." But you're old enough.'

That lady was so wrong, Melissa doesn't look like she's fifteen. She looks like she's sixteen.

No comments: