Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Gym

This is by far the worst time of year to go to the gym, everyone in the world made their resolutions to get healthy and fit, and that's great. The problem is that the gym is just packed with those people right now, and I hate going. I go to the gym at least three times a week, I've done it long enough now so it's just habit. If it wasn't though, if I was just trying to start again right now, I think I'd quickly stop too, it's hard to get equipment and hard to find space to do your work. So if your new years resolution is to get fit, go running, or walking, or bike riding until March, then go to the gym, it will be a much better experience.

2 comments:

Jackson said...

Hah, this is part of the reason I sometimes avoid going to the gym in January/February. Not because I'm a regular that's used to it, but because I'm a semi-regular that never consistently goes for longer than a few weeks at a time, and I know what the regulars think when they see me. They're thinking what you just posted.

Mark said...

Well, at least you know that will only last for a couple more weeks.

Mark

http://mark24609.blogspot.com/

"I see the quality and caliber of our presidential nominees, and I am not impressed. It raises the question of whether this country is even able to run itself anymore."

John Bogel - Founder of Vanguard Funds